The air conditioner has become an essential part of Singapore’s life due to the hot and humid weather. Air conditioners are not just providing us with a cooling and comfortable environment to work or rest. It also improves air quality, which results in better health. Air conditioners can filter all the dust, dirt, pollution, and toxic partial from the air. The improved quality of air will keep us safe from suffering asthmas and harmful allergies.
As air conditioners are an unavoidable necessity of life, buying the right system can help you save money on air conditioner sale price and monthly power consumption.
The bellow guide will help you decide how to get benefit on air conditioner sale price and utility bills:
Different brands price comparison
Do not just follow the salesman and home contractors’ instruction as they work for commission as a percentage of air conditioner sale prices. Do your research and compare the air conditioner sale price and qualities of all available brands in the market. Select one with the best quality and reasonable price.
A lower AC capacity may be cheaper, but it will increase energy use and reduce the device’s life span. It is imperative to choose an air conditioner whose cooling capacity is right at a fair cost to get the best cooling for your room.
Calculate BTU required fit to your room.
British Thermal Unit (BTU) is a stander used to measure energy internationally. The selection of the right air conditioner depends upon the right information. Before the selection of an air conditioner, establish how many BTUs are required. This means that when you purchase an air conditioning system, considering the size of the room and matching BTU specifications to the room’s size is very critical.
Using low capacity in the bigger room will not effectively cool the room and increase energy costs. Similarly, higher BTU capacity will adversely affect walls, wallpaper, or wooden floor due to a faster decrease in temperature than humidity level.
Energy efficiency rating comparison
The higher the star ratings of an AC, the lower the energy it utilizes. But, it does not mean that you should always go for an AC ranked 5-star. The decision should be based primarily on your pattern of use. If you use AC just for two, three hours, go for 3 stars, and if usage is full night, chose 5 stars to make a worthwhile difference to your electricity bill.
Always run your AC at cost-effective modes.
Operating AC on the right mod can help you save money by reducing your electricity bills and maintenance costs. Choosing the right temperature, setting the right fan speed is also essential. You want to find the right balance between coolness and airflow, which will prevent your room from having cold or warm spots.
Choose the best OEM retailer.
A significant amount of your monthly electricity bills are related to aircon, especially if you have several aircon units at home, and they’re all turned on during the night.
You need to understand how SP Control sets quarterly tariff rates and what factors lead to price volatility before selecting an OEM retailer. Then you can choose the strategy that best fits how your household uses power.
To select the best AC, let see the different options available.
Different Types of Air Conditioners Available in Market
There is a significant demand for aircon sales Singapore and many brands available in the market, which may vary in design and functionality. As the user’s needs are different, like houses, offices, and factories, so based on need, different systems are available with different features. Let’s see below some of the air conditioner type available and their pros and cons.
Central Air Conditioner:
This form of air conditioning is best for you if you have a big home and cool several rooms at once. A central AC unit uses a split system that controls air through ducts installed in your home. It is classified as a ducted device as well.
Advantages of Central AC System
- It cools all rooms connected to ducts at once, creating in a minimum time a more relaxed & controlled atmosphere around the building.
- Because cool air circulates in all rooms, moisture around the house is reduced, making the overall atmosphere more comfortable.
• Disadvantages of a central AC system
- It uses a significant amount of electricity, contributing to higher energy bills.
- Such units, if a problem occurs in the ducts, can lose efficiency & effectiveness.
If you want better quality or want to do away with a lot of ducting, or you want to cool a part of your house, then it’s a perfect option to opt for a ductless mini-split air conditioner.
Advantages of ductless mini-splits:
- Without hassle and ductwork, it can easily be mounted anywhere.
- It can independently regulate each room’s temperature.
Disadvantages of ductless mini-splits:
- For cooling large homes, a single ductless mini-split unit is not enough.
- Since the ductless mini-split indoor unit is wall-mounted, it will thus be visible to the naked eye.
Window Air Conditioner:
Since they come in various sizes, whether you are looking to cool a single room or a small area, they would be suitable. You can also cool a small home if you go for an oversized window air conditioner, given that it is a single story or an open space.
Advantages of Window ACs:
- They are easy to install
- Have competitive price
- Easy to maintain.
Disadvantages of Window ACs:
- Making too much noise& are visible from outside of the home.
- They block the view from a window and have to be placed near an acceptable electrical outlet.
Portable Air Conditioner
If you want temporary space cooling, or where it is not feasible to mount a window or split air conditioner, you can select a portable air conditioner. They are handy, and it is also possible to use smaller models for kennels or bathrooms.
Advantages of portable ACs are:
- Move to anywhere.
- No requirement for permanent installation.
Disadvantages of portable ACs are:
- Noisy during operation.
- Low efficiency if the room is more extensive.
Dual Fuel Air Conditioner
The heat pump works when it works during the summer season, taking hot air from inside your home and tossing it outdoors. This mechanism is reversed during the winters, and heat is spread throughout your house. The furnace kicks in when the temperature is too cold for a heat pump to work effectively.
Advantages of hybrid air conditioning:
- Maximize comfort indoors and minimize energy bill costs.
- Decrease your carbon footprint.
Disadvantages of hybrid air conditioning:
- High initial configuration costs.
- Breakeven can occur in the long term.
Smart Air Conditioner
Smart air conditioners are a form of IoT powered mini-split, window, or portable air conditioner. These ACs are connected to WiFi and come with a native app that uses smartphones to provide global control.
Advantages of smart air conditioners:
- Provide comfort
- Convenience with numerous features.
- Help save energy.
Disadvantages of smart air conditioners:
- More expensive
- To utilize all the features, WiFi connectivity is necessary
Geothermal Air Conditioning
This system has a piping system that consists of a loop between your house, a heat pump, and the ground that circulates water. To set up underground, they need extensive work.
Advantages of a geothermal AC system:
- Energy saving.
- Longer life than others
Disadvantages of a geothermal AC system:
- Too much work for installation and requires space.
- Very high setup cost.
Factors You Need to Consider in air conditioner sale:
Whenever you need to purchase a new air conditioner, you need to consider the bellow four-factor for your selection. The perfect combination of these four factors is what we say a wise and rightful decision in terms of efficiency as well as in the price of aircon conditioner sale Singapore. The factors are as below:
- Budget:Budget is the primary driver for your home or office air conditioning system selection.
- Energy consumption:Ensure that an energy-efficient air conditioning system is purchased, which will help reduce the electricity bills.
- Space Requirements & Maintenance:Your decision to choose one depends on your requirement for space, the allocated budget, and ease of use, along with ease of maintenance.
- Cooling Power:To efficiently consume power, you must look for an AC that is acceptable for the size of your room.
Choosing the Best AC for Your Home
Take a look at the tips you can keep in mind to pick the right AC for your home in order to maximize the benefits you will enjoy.
Important Factors To Choose the Best Type of Air Conditioner for Your Home
- Consider the major highlights of the system.
- Always prefer to buy system using the latest technology.
- Compare your need and cooling capacity of the air conditioner.
- Consider buying an inverter AC for the best financial benefits.
- Before deciding, check the AC’s energy efficiency.
Factors That Affect the Price of an Aircon in Singapore
Air conditioners are not one-size-fits-all, and that implies that their prices will differ greatly. Knowing the specifications and what a new AC unit costs will help you decide the best device for your home.
- Installation Timing:While this does not likely affect the cost of the device, timing can be a big driver in what a new AC system costs for you.
- System Efficiency:No surprise, but the size and efficiency of the units are a big factor in the overall cost of a system. It is more likely you are to pay upfront if your system is reliable.
- Device Size & Power:A larger room requires a larger cooling capacity AC unit, and that comes with a higher cost. For a wider cooling area, plan to pay more. With that in mind, try cooling your whole home if you have to.
- Maintenance Plans:Some devices come complete with maintenance plans that are ongoing. These systems tend to cost more upfront, like efficient systems, but can curb ongoing or long-term costs down the road.
- Device Life Expectancy:Some AC systems, some even longer, will last for 10 to 15 years. To weigh the cost and continuing expenditures, it is necessary to consider longevity.